Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Withdrawal Symptoms

I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I long for last weekend - Manifest 2009 weekend. My inner otaku was appeased and possibly OD'd on the smorgasborg of anime related products and cosplayers. My inner photo-geek was appeased as I shutter-bug my way through the crowds.

This year I set myself a small budget for Manifest - I didn't go all out crazy on a buying spree. Not many things caught my eye this year - only the cool Gurenn Lagann figurines. I got myself a Simon model and a Revoltech Gurenn Lagann posable model. Those were my prized buys ^.^

A particular fan-art trader had a couple of awesome pins that I got for my jacket. They were quite cute and cool robots - you can see them @ www.irreverie.com.au (site under construction, but if you follow through the links it'll lead you to their shop website with the pictures of their products). I see a strong fandom for these guys. I got the pin with the bigger swarovski crystal ;P

There were a few hawt cosplayers lurking around during last weekend which would definitely give fanboys many sleepless nights of fantasy. One babe cosplayed as Yoko on Saturday and come back as Mio on Sunday! She gets an honorable mention here because of the fact that she was brave to cosplay in what could be said to be essentially a bikini in the cold blustering wind of Melbourne.

Overall I had a great two days last weekend - in fact I almost forgot to mention that in between the Manifest I popped onto the Go-karting tracks for a few spin and race. I managed to come in 6th! I still feel I could've done better if I wasn't stopped so much by the race marshall for being "not in control." Come on! It's a Go-kart and drifting at high speeds around hairpin corners makes it fun!

And so Monday spun around and it's Wednesday now. I'm in nostalgia mode - I long for the yester-weekend. In contrast, I think it'll be a quiet upcoming weekend for me.

Parent-teacher's interview is starting on Mondays and Wednesdays for the next two weeks after school for about 2 hours for each of those days. A new format - apparently to follow the guideline from the DEECD that we can't take days off for Parent-teachers interview >.<

Oh! One last thing - I just received my 500 business cards in the mail today. I got it off Vistaprint when they were doing some special offer. They were free! I only had to pay for postage; in the process I managed to get a free metal card holder! \(^.^)/

What I'm going to do with 500 business cards? I don't know... I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: