Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Photography

Got myself a Nikon D40. It was on sale at Harvey Norman and I suddenly had the urge to impulse buy it. But I have to give myself credit for not doing so immediately. I went home and did some research on it - it had good reviews, especially from the Ken Rockwell site who seem to be very obsessed with this particular model.


I've always wanted to try photography, but never really had the money to get a good camera. Tried to do few fancy things with your regular point and shoot digital cameras, but the pictures never turn out the way you want. I wanted something that will capture what I see - not only physically, but to capture what I feel at that moment.

Well, after some yearning at home (lasted about 24 hours) I went and got one. And I'm quite happy with it. No regrets. Already I've snapped up over 500 pictures - a lot of it crappy and useless. But there were a few good ones I like. I hope you like them too.

Anyways, I've created two albums that I'll update regularly with my pictures. You might've noticed the new links on the side of my blog like the ones below. There are two albums. One of them are pictures I have taken but manipulated in Photoshop to give play to my artistic side (or whatever is there). The other ones will have no manipulation done to it at all (well, ok - the most I'll do to it is crop them and resize them to be web friendly).

I'll post updates on this blog if I do add any new ones. Please feel free to tell me what you think about my pictures. Well, enjoy!

Sashin~Saru: Artistic Flair


Sashin~Saru: Through the Lens

No comments: