Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bored and excited

It is the second last day before term holidays.

I'm bored. My classes don't want to learn the 'lecture' style. They happily work well with the computers (surprise,surprise *sarcastically*).

And that basically leaves me up in front of my classroom finding something to do. And it has been like this all week.

Ergo... I'm bored.

I'm pretty excited about the holidays. Not because I've things planned out that I want to do. More like I have a holiday for holidays sake. It'll probably be a bit boring because most of my friends are either still working or have uni exams.

There are a few things I thought I might do; get my suit dry-cleaned, go experiment with my new Nikon D40 DSLR camera (and maybe go bike riding while I'm at it), do my taxes, get some class planned out for Term 03.

But then again I might just not do anything at all. Seeing that it is the holidays.

So yeah, I'm excited - excited that I get a few days of sleeping in instead of waking up at 7am everyday. Speaking about waking up - I've been cutting it very close this week. I would wake up at around 8:30am and then rush to the school for the 8:45am staff briefing. Feel energetic, but then I fall - 'cause my classes these days are very 'boring'.

Oh, about the dry-cleaning, forgot to mentioned that I went to a combo birthday bash last weekend at the Seoulia Korean BBQ in Boxhill and then went to K-box in the city. The BBQ restaurant totally layered oil over our clothes. I smelt like a walking meal the next day; but I think the cold weather helped remove some of the odor.

Tonight is Schnitzel night. Yummy chicken in variety of flavour to choose from... mmmmm....

Which reminds me. I was watching the ABC (or was it SBS) show. I think it was The Chef and the Cook (or something like that). Anyways, they were cooking game meat - deer? maybe. They got it from farms in New Zealand. The deer were so beautiful and loveable and usually very young when they get slaughter. I really want to try some - but I also feel a bit of a revulsion to the brutal-ness of us killing those beautiful animals. I guess I understand how those extremist vegan feel.

Ok enough about that - I don't think I can live without meat.

No comments: