Thursday, July 10, 2008

L is for Learners

Went and got my L's yesterday (Wednesday) for the motorcycle. Had great fun going around the range. Did very well in my practical test and I am proud to say that I passed with flying colors in my theory (only two answers wrong!). It was much, much better than the time I got my car license (I nearly failed, apparently I was one point from failing the practical test). Word of advice for anybody taking their motorcycle test in Victoria; do it on the scooter! It's automatic and you are guarantee NOT to stall at all. You fail the practical if you stall more than twice. Someone actually did during the testing day I was in. In the end we still get the same license. And the picture of the Honda Scooter below that I did my test on:



Anyways, today I went out and did some shopping to get my road gear. They aren't cheap. Got a good deal with a $99 helmet (full face), $60 gloves, $109 winter/wet pants, $249 winter jacket. I took LY's scooter out for a spin and I was warm and toasty in my new gear. Even the cold winds blowing hard against me didn't really do much. The only place I felt cold was at my feet because of my el-cheapo $20 shoe. :P

Been spending quite a bit these two weeks of school holidays. About $500 for my car service, ~$200 for the car roof bars and bike racks to transport my bicycle on top of tickets to see a broadway show (Wicked... go watch it if it ever comes to your city, I highly recommend it - a "prequel/behind the scenes" to Wizard of Oz).

I think I spend all of my holiday pay. Sigh.

Few more days before I resume work. Sigh... not really looking forward to it... I wish I was on holidays for a long, long, long, long... time.

No comments: