Saturday, August 09, 2008

Synchrotron visit.

It's been awhile since I've popped into here... nothing much spectacular happened since the holidays. Been busy day in, day out with my work.

Been trying to implement effective Mathematics teaching - I'm going through a peer coaching program that the school has put into place, but all my plans and ideas that I come out with are usually not implemented because I'm so time poor. Or maybe just lazy. Funny thing is that I would apply them in my other classes, not in my target class.

I guess the only 'interesting' thing I did was attended the teacher in-service training at the Australian Synchrotron. Despite all the high-tech fancy electron accelarator technology, it's just a giant torch. Well, just to put it crudely. Didn't get to go into the storage ring corridor (they were injecting electrons), which was a bit disappointing, I did manage to go into one of the labs and put my hand into the beam of visible light it emitted!!



That was the fun part. ^.^

I'm going to bring my Yr12 VCE Physics group to this place for a workshop in their detailed studies. I'm so way out of my league - hehehe....

No comments: