Saturday, January 31, 2009

Heat wave melts brains

Been ages since I blogged.

Nothing really note-worthy to mention about my life. The way I see it, it is pretty simple and day-in, day-out typical boring stuff.

So holidays has come and gone and I'm still not eager to get back to work. I enjoy my holidays too much. I think I might need to consider a career in something else other than teaching, that has the perks of many holidays, and little thinking.

Garbo-dude maybe?

Anyways, Australian Tennis Open 2009 has been going on these days and unfortunately the quarter/semi-finals occurred during a once in a 100+ year heatwave of 44+ degrees C. Luckily I was in Nhill enjoying either the air-conditioning of the school or the not so cool air-conditioning of my flat.

My whole family came down to Melbourne for Chinese New Years and they were also 'lucky' in enough to 'enjoy' the rare heatwave. ^.^

They went around visiting friends in Melbourne, came up to my country town to take a look see (mom cooked awesome food for me to enjoy... yummy!!! ^.^) and also took a day trip down to Adelaide.

On the way back I took them up Mt. Dandenong and had them enjoy the pies @ Pie in the Sky.

All in all, I hope they had a great time here... it was great to see them in person once again. They haven't really changed at all.

Mom's going to come back to Melbourne in a couple of weeks and stay with me for a month... I'm gonna have great food!! ^.^

It's still hot today.. apparently the heat wave is going to persist up at my little country town for another week. I'm not sure if I should cycle to work/walk to work... which one is better?

Me and LY have been house-hunting during the holidays - I think we found a place and the type of house we want... it's just the matter of finding which land we want when it's release in March. More on this later on (like in March).

No comments: