Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'll drink to that!

I don't think I could say it any better.

Came across this article pointed out to me by LY. I laughed.  But it's so true. I am proud to be a teacher and I am proud to be in the State system, however flawed it may or may not be. In fact, I enjoy the challenges and variety of my work day.

But I must admit, after 3 years of teaching, I have developed some techniques to 'slack off'. I've found ways to wing a lesson with one handout. I've a bank of videos on hand to pull out and fill in time. I've learnt how to drag on time by making it look like the students are wasting my time. And I've found ways to slack off on my marking, enjoy a work free week at home but burn a bonfire of a midnight oil to get it done on the weekend.

Yet, in the end, I need those holidays... it's a time for me to chill out, recharge and gear up for another year.

If not, it's always great to rub it into my friends face when I'm on holidays.

No comments: