Saturday, December 26, 2009

Season to be jolly! (With a big fat belly)

I think I took my longest road trip by my Demon-car this year on Christmas.  I popped on over to my brother's in Canberra with a couple of my mates.

The drive itself... well, let's just say it was great! Mainly two lane highways at 110.  Even the roads are better in the Melbourne-Sydney direction.  Surprisingly, it wasn't as crowded on the roads on Christmas eve. I had always thought there'll be tons of people making a last minute dash to their families.  But apparently nobody wants to go to Canberra for Christmas - in fact, it's a dead city on Christmas day.

We did a drive through on Christmas morning in Canberra - there was no view. Just because it started raining. So the clouds and the misty rain blocked the nice greenery.

On the other hand I had a great family Christmas.  Some what, 'cause it's mainly my brother's family & friends and me & my friends. But I must say - it was a filling Christmas.  I'm stuffed. I'll won't describe the food - I'll show you!

Breakfast started out with this awesome Egg Benedict. A nice rasher of bacon is hidden underneath!



But wait! There's more! A rich berry muffin.... mmmmm....

 For lunch... it was a large spread! We start off with the Chicken roasting on a spit.

 

 Then the ham, roasted vegies and taters with the awesome gravy - and we must not forget the pork!




It took another hour or two before we digested enough food to start dessert. It was Robbie's famous alky fruit cake marinated since June 2009 and truffles.

 

We went and unwrapped presents afterwards - but I was in a near food coma so everything seems like a blur after the cake.  We had a great Pictionary night - great laughs and fun all around.  So all in all, I think this was one of my first traditional Christmas.  All my other ones were usually a night out in town with a few mates.  It was a nice change... too bad my wife couldn't come along. She stayed back in Melbourne to earn some extra moolah... apparently they pay double on Christmas day - which isn't too bad at all - makes it easier for us to purchase house stuff next year! ^.^  Thank you wifey!! *muaks*

So a Merry Christmas to all!






No comments: